Full course description
This course will allow the student to be eligible to take the specialty certification exam for Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C) and Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C). The CCP course is designed to prepare paramedics to provide advanced critical care during ground and air transport of critically ill or injured patients. This course combines online and in-seat learning to enhance critical care thinking and advanced skills.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- recognize different flight physiologies
- understand barophysiology and critical patient transfer considerations
- recognize and perform critical care patient packaging
- recognize critical airway and ventilation management issues including: surgical airways, ventilators, CPAP, and BiPAP
- understand thoracotomy
- perform and maintain chest tubes in critical care
- maintain central venous lines
- expand pharmacologic knowledge and it's role in critical care
- interpret laboratory data
- recognize advanced 12 Lead ECG with correct interpretation and treatment
- understand and perform hemodynamic monitoring in the critical care patient
Registration and enrollment support:
Access our support resources.
University of Missouri Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you have a disability and need accommodations in connection with participation in an educational program or you need materials in an alternate format, please notify your instructor as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Cancellations and Refund Requests
Access MU Extension’s Course Cancellation and Refund Policy for details.