Full course description
This course will allow the student to be eligible to take the specialty certification exam for Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C) and Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C).
The CCP course will meet for ten Mondays from 8:30 to 5:30 p.m. starting February 21, 2022 and completing April 25, 2022. Successful completion of this course will result in a certificate of completion, 90hours of advanced continuing education and preparation for the Certified Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C®) and Certified Flight Paramedic (FP-C®) exams administered by the International Board of Specialty Certifications (formerly the Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification (BCCTPC®).
The CCP course is designed to prepare paramedics to provide advanced critical care during ground and air transport of critically ill or injured patients. Knowledge gained during this course will provide instruction and understanding of care beyond the standard paramedic.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- recognize different flight physiologies
- understand barophysiology and critical patient transfer considerations
- recognize and perform critical care patient packaging•recognize critical airway and ventilation management issues including: surgical airways, ventilators, CPAP, and BiPAP
- understand thoracotomy
- perform and maintain chest tubes in critical care
- maintain central venous lines
- expand pharmacologic knowledge and it's role in critical care
- interpret laboratory data
- recognize advanced 12 Lead ECG with correct interpretation and treatment
- understand and perform hemodynamic monitoring in the critical care patient
90 CEU hours
University of Missouri Extension complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you have a disability and need accommodations in connection with participation in an educational program or you need materials in an alternate format, please notify your instructor as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.